Thursday, June 07, 2012

Ideas for Shower and Bath


I love this product but last time I ran out I made my own.  Baby oil mixed with a little alcohol (to keep the oil from weighing hair down too much) and some fragrant essential oils ( I like lavender)  Trick to using this.  When hair is very wet in shower, flip head over and apply a dime size amount to the strands and ends, leaving the top of head for last so not to get an oily scalp.  Then don't rough the cuticle by towel drying, just wrap the towel around you hair for a few minutes to soak up water.  after trying to use baby oil in place of anti frizz serum, I've experienced the greasies, I've tried new formulas with alcohol and more alcohol and still got greasies.  so I'd say this diy is a fail.  but still the application of this product as per said here is a great idea and has worked for me for a number of years.  I will probably buy this project again instead of making my own!  :)  


Again buying smoothing products for my curly frizzy hair can be costly, but if you have a little fragrant body lotion around, you can just rub a little into dry hair.  Again not too much.  Put some in palm of hands rubbed into hands, then rub over hair smoothing down the frizzes!  This has worked for me!  Yay!


Okay, I love these razors and will always use Gillette.  Other brands just aren't as good.  So I bought my Venus razor and I did buy these razor replacement pods with the soap on them.  Great idea.  But expensive.  So with two men shaving in my house I have to buy them razors too.  These can be upward toward $20 so I just buy the Gillette razors that are on sale (look for ones where the blades are interchangable) and before I shave I either run my razor through a bar of soap before each swipe or if you have liquid soap in a pump bottle just pump a little soap on there before you shave.  Saves buying and using shaving cream.  Less mess too! 


Okay three people shower at my house.  And we've done away with the old washcloth long ago.  And I so do not miss having those washcloths hanging in or over the edge of my tub.  So walla...three bath poufs.  The mesh dry faster.  They are only about $1 a piece at your dollar store   "You should toss a mesh bath pouf, which is more resistant to bacteria, after eight weeks [sources: Crean, Fitness Magazine]. If you want to be extra cautious, you can also disinfect your bath sponge every few days"~ http://health.howstuffworks.com/skin-care/cleansing/basics/how-often-replace-bath-sponge.htm 
I attached them to shower wall with the Command Designer Hooks medium, that come in packs of two.  They really stay put! 


 I love an appricot scrub for deep cleaning my face and it smells great!  I also love the off brands of this scrub such as Dollar Generals.  It effoliates so I also recommend it for other delicate skin areas, like the hands that show age fastest and where as you get older you get age spots.  I also recommend to use or your chest, that also shows age from sun damage.  This scrub removes dead skin layer revealing healthier, fresher skin!




To keep your jewelry handy.  I also added a dish for earrings and rings.


No comments: