Sunday, April 28, 2013

My Mom's Busy-Day Meatloaf

This meatloaf has been my family's favorite, at least my husbands.  And it was a recipe I kept of my mom's that used Kellogg's Corn Flakes (however I've always used crackers instead) so substitute if you wish!
 
Ingred.:
1 egg
1 cup milk
1-2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp catsup
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp celery salt
1/4 cup finely chopped onions
2 cups crackers (1 pkg, crush before removing from pkg) or use 2 cups corn flakes
1 1/2 lbs gr beef
1/4 lb gr pork
 
1. Beat egg, milk, Worcestershire sauce, catsup, salt, celery salt and onions together; add crackers or corn flakes and mix well.
2. Add meat, mixing thoroughly.  Pack lightly into 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
3.  Bake in moderate oven (350*) about 1 hour or until done.  Slice and serve hot.
 
Yield: 8 servings
 


No comments: