Thursday, March 29, 2012

Creating...stuff


I took an old clock I didn't much like from my son's room and disassembled.


I then took apart some embordiery hoops and cut to fit circles together randomly.


I hotglued the circles together and to the clock mechanism but used too much hot glue so had to redo with less glue showing.  Then I spray painted outside in shed with a gray.


The finished clock.  A little lopsided, flimpsy and the battery shows but I say it's very urban chic.  LOL


Cute container for cat food.  Take cleaned emptied laundrey soap container and remove inside funnel.  I used some pliers and it pulled right out.  I then spray painted yellow.  I added cat prints made from some foam flowers i had.  I just cut them to look like cat prints and stuck them onto front and top of cap.  I spray painted over the ones on the side but decided to color them in black with marker. 


 I get the cat food in the container by making a large funnel out of a medium size piece of poster board. I just pour it into funnel out of cat food bag. It is handy and you can pour however much you'd like or use the cap as a measuring cup!


I made a set of these coasters with each family members initials.  I used a thick piece of cardboard from a box and cut it to the size i wanted.  I had these tile pieces left over from a diy kitchen backsplash.  they were adhesive so I just chose the lighter color to make an initial stand out as the "R" in this one.

No comments: