Tuesday, November 28, 2006

"I Get by with a Little Help from my Friends"

"I get by with a little help from my friends." -John Lennon
This is true. I have some very valuable friendships:
First and foremost, my friend, Jesus. "We have a friend that sticks closer than a brother." (Proverbs 18 :24) "What a friend we have in Jesus, who all our sorrows bear. What a privilege to carry everything to God in prayer." -Hymn
The friends that got me thru school, puberty, boyfriends, graduation, then have been thru life with me. "It takes a long time to grow an old friend." -John Leonard. Thanks Ginger, Pam, Nina, Jody, and Matt.
Roger, who is my best friend. My shoulder to lean on, my fellow dreamer. "There is no more lovely, friendly and charming relationship, communion, or company than a good marriage." -Martin Luther. Thanks Pooky.
My daughter who I share bond of family and friendship! Thanks Poo-poo-tissue.
Our couple friends who we just have fun with, traveling or hanging out! Thanks Matt and Traci, Ginger and Kelly.
Those friends who lean a listening ear. Those who are honest but supportive! "I can trust my friends. These people force me to examine, encourage me to grow." -Cher. Thanks Traci, Ginger, Nina, Matt, Roger.
Our church friends who have prayed with and for us, who do not judge but counsel us with Godly wisdom. Ecclesiastes 4:10 "If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man that falls and has no one to help him up."
Thanks Ed and Jenny, Rodd and Illene, Kevin and Lori, etc...
My buddy, Erik. He is my sunshine. "People let me tell you about my best friend. He's my one boy, my cuddly toy, my up, my down, my pride and joy." - Theme song from Eddy's father.
My son Kevin. We don't share too much in common right now but I hope to someday be his friend. It's hard to be a friend when you are being a parent. Meanwhile I can tease with Kevin and that makes me smile. There has been a spider infestation in our house. I never know where the next rubber spider will show up!
My mom, she inspires me! I'll forever admire her faith and her love for her family!
Grandma Eleanore, who I want to be like. She lives life to the fullest! And never grows old. Thanks Grandma Eleanore.
My newest little friend, Camdyn. You make me smile!!
My co-workers who tirelessly hear my stories, who know too much about me and I them and who make it bearable to go to work! Thanks Connie and Etta.
My clientele who I've become close to. Thanks Lola, Bonnie and Vickie.
Our dog, Maxine. She just wants to eat, sleep and be walked. She needs me!
Then there are those who I may have not talked to in awhile or who we've grown apart, those who are family, those who were family at a time and I still treasure (Grandma Edna, Kari, Teen, Karen, Connie B.) those I've worked with and had fun (Amber and Michelle), those who correspond via e-mail or at Christmas, those who in some way have impacted my life. To all who have touched my life, Thank you.

No comments: