Sunday, December 09, 2012

Food Creations


Fun easy snowmen and fresh waffles for a week of good breakfasts


mini powdered donuts, candy corn noses and black icing for writing.  enjoyed making these with my grandson.  he did the noses and since the eyes and mouths took a steady hand, I did those! 

waffle mix ~follow directions, spray waffle iron with oil spray (I make my own by putting canola oil in spray bottle), spread oil into all cracks with oil brush.

Pour enough batter to cover bottom of waffle maker, sprinkle some chocolate chips, add more batter if there is room.  don't over fill...big mess

This is how the waffle should look when done.  Mine stuck a little (probably from the homemade no stick spray, doesn't spray as evenly:)  Use fork or spatula to lift off waffle iron.

I make about 6-8 and bag about 3 of them in zip sealed gallon baggies.  They can be warmed in microwave and are more fresh and less expensive than the store bought.  They are large, so one is usually one serving. 
I do this too with pancakes.  I make several at a time, saving to be warmed up by my family for a quick, fresh, easy breakfast!

No comments: