Monday, October 22, 2012

DIY Antibacterial Kitchen Counter Cleaner

So I ran out of Lysol Antibacterial Kitchen Cleaner which I use on my kitchen counter tops.  I decided to use what I have on hand and this is the formula I decided to try.
The miracle product as in many cleaning supplies is vinegar.  But don't rule out peroxide or bleach.  I just chose vinegar (despite its bad smell) because it doesn't bleach things out like the prior mentioned.  So here's my simple recipe and it doesn't smell too strong since it's diluted and has a citrus scented dish soap.



Antibacterial Kitchen Counter Cleaner
  • empty (reuse old bottle) spray bottle
  • fill bottle 1/2 of vinegar
  • fill bottle 1/2 of water
  • 1T scented dishsoap

Other kitchen hints~ 
For cleaning microwaves, just pour a little lemon juice into a bowl of water and microwave it for a few minutes.  This will deoderize and help wipe down grim in microwave. 
Finally, if your sink is clogged or smelly, try pouring 1/4 cup of that old baking soda that needs replaced for freshing your refrig or freezer (write date on so you know how old it is, I save mine 6 months) down the sink, then add 1 cup of vinegar and cover the drain tightly.  It will bubble up and freshen drain and help drain better.

No comments: