Thursday, July 05, 2007

Hold the Sun-Dried Tomatoes




I tried to dress up my shrimp Alfredo by adding sun-dried tomatoes. I love them in recipes at restaurants! Notice the nice color it adds with the broccoli:) I was so proud that I took a pic! Then my family sat down to eat...Roger said "Eww, I don't like these." picking out the sun-dried tomatoes. Erik tried one and made a face. So they piled all theirs on my plate. And being my first experience cooking with sun-dried tomatoes, I had added too many to start. So half into mine, I got a little overwhelmed with them! But still I have to say it was a good combination and I would recommend it to others. So...Here's my recipe. It is quick and easy for harried moms and dads. Try it if you like.

Shrimp Alfredo with Broccoli and Sun-dried Tomatoes

Ingredients
1 Bag frozen cooked, peeled and cleaned large shrimp (about 40) Thaw and remove tails if on.
1 jar of Alfredo sauce
1/2 lb of whole-wheat pasta
8oz frozen chopped broccoli
1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes chopped (revised!)
coarsely ground pepper
Grated Parmesan

Cook pasta according to package directions. In skillet add Alfredo sauce, frozen broccoli, chopped tomatoes, shrimp and pepper to taste and heat. Drain pasta and top with Alfredo sauce. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan.
Serves 6
Calories: too many!

No comments: